Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Caffeinated Post

I am a coffee lover. The caffeinated life gives me a rush. I believe some of the most of the interesting things start with a cup of coffee. For instance if someone wants to ask a girl out for the first time, coffee is the best option. It helps in surviving through the awkwardness of first date, or fighting stress during the blunder ones. If somebody is going through jitters of bad relationships, announcing breakups over a cup of coffee discharges the anxiety.

It has become life’s blood for many of us. It works wonders during long philosophical discussions, cracking deals with clients, calling for insomnia to study or work all night to meet deadlines and in those introspective moods, it boosts our creativity.


I am sharing here some interesting Facts about coffee that I gathered from various sites on internet:
1. Coffee beans are not beans in reality but are dried coffee berries that grow on vines.
2. Kopi Luwak is the world’s most expensive coffee worth $ 600 Approx. It’s beans are excreted by a Sumatran Wild Cat!
3. Caffeine is not good for spiders, it reduce their ability to spin their webs more than marijuana.
4. In America more than 300 million cups of coffee are consumed everyday.
5. During Sixteenth century Muslim rulers banned coffee because of its unusual stimulating effects.
6. Coffee is second most sold out commodity, first being oil.


7. During 1683, 1 Pound of coffee in New York was has worth equal to 4 acres of land.
8. Turkish bridegrooms were once required to make a promise during their wedding ceremonies to always provide their new wives with coffee. In case of they failed to do so, it was ground for divorce!
9. During low blood pressure, doctors’ also advice a cup of coffee to normalize our blood pressure
10. Bees also love caffeine, and it boosts their brains too.
I hope you have enjoyed your caffeine intake here :D
You can read more about advantages of coffee here on huffingtonpost.
C is for Caffeinated Post and Coffee on  April 3,
A-to-Z-Challenge!

46 comments:

  1. I love coffee as well -- just the smell is enticing. I stopped drinking coffee many years ago when I realized some of the problems it can cause later in life but switched to decaf. Some people say - YUCK but there are some wonderful decaf coffees out there and even my husband can't tell the difference when I give him decaf HE HE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Carol I have tried Decaf, and I found it good... Hehe good that he can't tell the difference. Its good for health! I on and off fight with my coffee-addiction :)
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. SO so much Caffein here! :) Now I am gonna run and grab my cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aditi trust me after writing so much about coffee and creating these images I was feeling caffeinated even without drinking coffee.

      Delete
  3. You had me at caffeinated. :) I love coffee...in case you couldn't guess that from the name of my blog. It is blood for the brain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the name of your page and I had a smile on my face! :D totally intoxicating :)

      Delete
  4. I am reading this as I drink my morning coffee!!! Lovely post to start the day with!! :) :)

    ~Smile, it makes (y)our day!
    S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post with lovely snaps of brew...Lot's of information as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy the morning coffee everyday, and enjoyed reading your posts too - thanks for enlightening me on interesting facts of coffee !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to you too for appreciating the efforts! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm a coffee addict myself and what's more enticing than a hot cuppa in the morning !! You'd me addicted all along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the Alphabet C I smelled coffee at once... I enjoyed my morning cup today thinking about the facts I read about coffee yesterday :D

      Delete
  8. You really love your coffee don't you? I just never could get the charm of coffee...!! :)But really nice post ..will send it across to my coffee loving sis :)

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get totally addicted to it... It is sort of love and hate relationship with it... I try to stay away when I feel addicted and then I go back to my love after a few days not wanting to leave it!!!
      You are really in the safe zone :D

      Delete
  9. I love the coffee in any form :D :D

    Ishithaa
    #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here... though it has to be dark or strong, it makes me melt!!! :D

      Delete
  10. Coffee....made me nostalgic
    My husband proposed me over a cup of coffee at cafe coffee day about ten years back..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... that makes me dreamy... Lovely to hear that :) Do you have a post about that incidence???

      Delete
  11. I did not used to like cofee...at all. now despite being unable to take the caffeine, i will at least doctor up some decaf for the social aspect. Having tea with a coffee drinker just doesn't seem the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Andrea. I love tea as well... I have a friend who is not a coffee drinker. Though I enjoy my cup of masala tea (masala tea in India is the one that has flavor of ginger/cardamom/cinnamon etc)

      Delete
  12. Without my morning cup of caffeine I'm lifeless... can't survive without it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to sail in the same boat... Though now I am partially dependent on Tea :)) But my first love is coffee!

      Delete
  13. Not a huge coffee fan, but it does help me escape stressfull days. Loved the quites you have put in between :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Black coffee with something sweet. The bitterness of the coffee acts as a perfect companion for the sweetness of beautiful black forest slice or fruit tart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am huge chai fan not so much coffeee though :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa I can talk about chai as well... Love different sorts... from Masala chai to herbal.. You name it :D

      Delete
  16. ok this might not be something you get to hear everyday bt i rarely drink coffee!! i am 20 bt i still love horlicks :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swathi till 24 I used to survive on bournvita!! :)) :D

      Delete
  17. And coffee flowers are also so beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After your comment I saw them. Indeed... I am thinking of their fragrance ;)

      Delete
  18. Enjoyed reading the coffee trivia. Nothing like a hot cuppa coffee to kickstart your day.

    The only time i hate Koffee is when its with Karan (Johar) :p

    Cheers
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha CRD I like even that :)) that is for me masala coffee :P

      Delete
  19. I know what you eman. I've got to have my daily coffee too. Mornings aren't good for me without my coffee. Good coffee facts too.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Sunni! It has become elixir of life for us! :)

      Delete
  20. Coffee is cool. I just love it.......cannot function without it and it's always in fashion too;)
    Gotta grab my cup now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Yes coffee is always in fashion for sure... I just realized how true this statement is... Since most of the people share the love for coffee it has to be in vogue! :D

      Delete
  21. loved the caffeinated post!! Cheers for the love of coffee!! *off to have my cup of coffee*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the post. not quite a coffee addict, but love my cuppa every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats how it should be Pratishtha else we will need a coffee rehab soon! Thanks a ton for visiting :-)

      Delete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...