Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mysterious Mosquitoes and My Miseries

It's true that vampires are fictional characters but when looking at these blood suckers I learned none of the authors rightly described the vampires. They do exist but they look different than what we saw in Twilight series! Since summers have started so has started their party season. Being a warrior from human faction, I have often raised my voice against them on various platforms viz. Twitter, Facebook even on my Google-talk status. But all in vain. These creatures sit on my Twitter/Facebook wall through my screen but are unperturbed by my democratic dharnas and agitations. Two of them have started buzzing over my ears again and I have decided to go inside my mosquito-net and write this post(petition) today. 

Here I am sharing some facts about mosquitoes along with some status updates from my itchy-misery times:


Mosquitoes are the deadliest animals on Earth; more deaths are associated with them than any other animal on earth.


These creatures have contributed a lot to my insomnia.
  The buzzing sound from mosquitoes comes from beating their wings when they fly.
 
Active or fidgety people produce more CO2 and lactic acid, that attracts mosquitoes from distance.


The mosquito diet is sugar from plants, not blood.

Some sites really claim that beer drinkers attract more mosquitoes.
Only female mosquitoes bite and suck blood because protein in blood helps them to lay eggs. Males live on flower nectar.

 Antarctica and Iceland are most probably the only mosquito free countries in the world.

Clute, Texas celebrates mosquito festival in the last week of July. They have mosquito killing competitions. Also in fashion contest they give various titles like ‘miss mosquito legs’ etc.


  Mosquitoes can’t see but they do detect infrared radiations coming from warm bodies and from chemicals they emit. So we can run, leave the place but we cannot hide from them. They sense their food from approx. 30 meters away.
Female mosquitoes lay round about 100 to 300 eggs at a time and on average 1,000 to 3,000 during their lifespan (which varies from 3-100 days).


Not all mosquitos live on human blood; some of them live on other animals.
I read it somewhere and I started feeling ugly when none of them bite me and everyone else
complaint of itchy mosquito bites!
 
Some solutions:
1. Grandma remedy suggests eating bittersweet fruits of neem-plant called 'nimbori' in India, in order to avert mosquito bites. Tried and tested for success!!
2. The latest mosquito electrocution racquets are ace technique: hmmm they always said playing sports helps combating disease and stay fit.
3. Repellant sprays, All-out and Kachua (a mosquitoe repellant coil) become ineffective over time.
4. When feeling lazy to wave your racquet around/don't want to eat the bitter 'nimbori' or not wanting to choke on sprays, hang your mosquito nets, These are the most effective solutions though they restrict free movement around the room!
M is for Mosquitoes on April 15,
A to Z Challenge

16 comments:

  1. Things must be really slow in Clute, Texas if they have to host a Mosquito Festival, but I love a town with a sense of humor.
    Visiting from A to Z ~
    Wendy at Jollett Etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Wendy, when I read about it I was amused. But its their way to fight against the vast mosquito population there!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh I swear by the neem oil and the mosquito rackets! They are fool-proof :D And I loved your quotes!! What lovely ones :D:D:D

    ~Shailaja's latest A~Z post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dint know about neem oil. I must bring them home.
      Thankyou for quotes- these are the agonies of a sufferer marred by mosquitoes...

      Delete
  3. My husband swears by neem oil. They don't bother me very much so I just take my chances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha hilarious.. i was suffering from migraine and this laugh riot was a relief!

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe Sri I am so irritated by these mosquitoes!!! :(

      Delete
  5. I HATE mosquitoes and somehow they have great affinity towards me!! That nimbori should be consumed for how many days and how many a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shilpa I don't know about how many. But Nimbori is not as bitter as neem- leaves. You can eat 2-3 in the morning for a month. It purifies our blood too. Try it!!! :)

      Delete
  6. Reminds me of Nana Patekar's dialogue, eek machchar aadmi ko ***** bana deta hai..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Shine! Glad there are Electric Racquets now!!! :P

      Delete
  7. hilarious post ! had fun reading, also informative !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)) I am glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  8. Mosquitos don't like me -- guess I am one of the lucky ones!

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...