Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Travel



I mind tans when I am living in my home. I feel lazy and under spirited at times. I don't want to step out in harsh sun or deadly winters and wait for the weather to turn better. I love to stay indoors. And then everything opposite happens when I am traveling. As I was introspecting about my travel experiences I realized there is something common in every trip I have made since childhood. Being born to parents who love to explore either one or two or even three places every year, traveling has become more than a habit.
I don't think about tans on travel. I talk to the locals and listen to the tales of fellow- travelers. Trains look awesome for small journey. I love holding tickets in my hands. I don’t mind harsh sun or deadly winters. Anytime of the day/night is worth leaving my hideout and go for expeditions. My comfort on travel takes a back seat. Travel makes me a different person, a lively person, a person who doesn’t want to miss anything. Travel makes me a story teller... 

Things I take care of while going on a tour-

-Keeping my suitcase lite.
-Two pair of foot wears maximum three (sport shoes, slippers, and belly)
-Sunscreen
-A handbag containing soaps, towels, sanitizer.
-Pills (for headache and stomach infections)
-Camera, camera charger with extra memory card

What I normally forget to pack. (Last two trips were exceptional)
-My comb and my toothbrush! :D



T is for Travel, on April 21
A to Z Challenge

What does traveling do to you? What things you normally forget to pack before going on trips?
Image courtesy: Google

13 comments:

  1. I love travelling, though I don't get to do it that often. Last time I brought enough socks for each day, and threw them out so I didn't have to worry about washing them (on this trip I had to hand wash my laundry most days as laundry facilities weren't readily available. By the end of the trip, the space left by the lack of socks was enough to accommodate the souvenirs I'd purchased.

    -L.G. Keltner, minion in Captain Alex's Ninja Army
    http://lgkeltner.blogspot.com/
    http://warpednerdiversity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to travel but my health isn't always on the same page. The thought of exploring new places sounds exciting and exhausting.

    Kimberly
    Blogging AtoZ "Things My Husband Has Broken"
    http://AMomsPointOfView.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a reluctant traveler and I hate the part until getting to the detsination

    T for Tired-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to travel but someone else needs to take care of the arrangements :-(. Thanks for this nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really had a good laugh at your last line coz I would pack every single thing and then forget the toothbrush :P I love travelling and packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to travel too but I like to travel 'heavy'. I carry so much always!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im a heavy traveller too. I cannot afford to miss out on anything and that includes wet tissues, sunscreen and pepper spray! In our last trip I realised it is so important to move out of 8 to 8 office life. Thank you for making it happen <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the mention of the 'pepper spray' which we often neglect...I hope to be informed when you make such gurlie plans for a trip :P

      Delete
  8. I travel in thoughts more than I actually travel.

    T for Turbulence

    ReplyDelete
  9. Should I be saying 'Same Pinch' :)
    here is what I have to say about Travelling, something that makes me the happiest..
    http://garima82.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/tavelling/

    PS. And I just noticed that I made a typo in the title of the post :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great "T" post. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love traveling and before visiting your blog I planned about a trip with my friends!

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My suitcase is always packed - ready to go on a moment's notice. It has paid off many times because we live in an area where we have to get a ferry to the mainland and if we miss the ferry, we could miss our connection. Pays to be ready :)

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...