Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 29, 2016

X and Y, beginning of more complex problems in life…

After my graduation, I received a call on my phone from my old school. Authorities asked me to meet them, telling me there was some confusion regarding my 12th board exam result. I was tensed, not understanding what possibly could be wrong. I reached the school office and met with the P.A. to the principal. He informed me they had found some error in my mark-sheet. My math examination had miscalculation and I didn’t get even minimum marks that are required to clear the exam. I had never heard of such a thing before. Three years have passed since my 12th standard results were declared and no one called me before for this. And now when I had cleared my graduation they were telling me that I am holding a faulty mark-sheet. I was told that I will have to prepare again for 12th class and clear the exam to retain my mark-sheet, else they will cancel my qualifications and I would lose my graduation degree too. I was sweating in terror, extremely tensed and I had no clue how in the world I will go through all those mind-breaking chapters of trigonometry, inverse trigonometry, differentiation and integration etc. What if I flunk this time too? A chill ran through my spine. All those chapters of mathematics in 12th standard and three years of my graduation started taking rounds in my head. When my head was about to burst, I opened my eyes in panic.
P.S. This was a re-occurring nightmare in my life that repeated at least thrice. I always woke up panicked. I dreaded this subject more when ‘x’ and ‘y’ accompanied numbers. Things never remain fun and easy after that, those alphabets began to clamor into complicated formulas and more complicated formulas. Have you ever noticed more complex problems in our lives began with the introduction of x and y!




18 comments:

  1. This is hilarious, reading the perspective of the other side. I don't think I loved math back then, but I sure respected it and as they say love can grow out of mutual respect! Life would be incomplete without maths and music! (Written at the cost of sounding nerdy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Glad you enjoyed maths, it helped me in revising my forgotten chapters... :P
      'This world is divided into three, people who love maths and people who don't." :D

      Delete
  2. You know I always have this nightmare of School Certificate and Maths exams where I cry to wake up from bed. Maths has always been my nightmare:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Vishal Hi-five on that. Good to find somebody struggling with the same problem of x and y... :D

      Delete
  3. LOL. For a moment I thought how come they call you after 3 years. Then, I realized about your nightmare. That is why I always suggest avoiding science and math and taking liberal arts subjects. Here is a funny post you may like:
    http://sg-shootthebreeze.blogspot.com/2010/09/college-major.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha SG I reckon that!!! I ran away from science but in India you know the probability of surviving becomes far less if you leave maths:(
      I will surely read your post, you know I enjoyed the last one you shared :D

      Delete
  4. Oh man! Poor you!! :-/
    I once showed up all prepared for a science final exam and when the question paper was handed out, it was all Math! How I wished I was dreaming in the moment, or that if I would tap my heels 3 times and it will all be over. But of course, not!
    Luckily, Math happened to be my strongest subject. I rocked the finals in Math and the best thing that happened was that it saved me from pulling an "all-nighter" rummaging through complicated equations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooja... I bow to you! I think I am one of those rare species who couldnt love this subject and more I studied it,more i hated it!!!
      If I was in your place, i would have surely flunked. My sister has such stories like you where she prepared for one exam and gave another :D

      Delete
  5. When I read the subject of ur blog I was expecting some other topic however way of creating a scenario is too appreciable..... But in my entire life I used to loveee Maths......n ur hubby's fav subject too......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaa I am surrounded by people who love maths. In a way it is good, as whenever I would need to apply those equations in real life, I know others around me would do fhat happily haha

      Delete
  6. So glad it was just a nightmare :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe...exam nightmares used to be frequent with me as well...especially not reaching the exam center in time or like Pooja said preparing for the wrong test...well all that was always in nightmares only, thankfully :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Bushra I guess we are lucky that we survived through that time sound and sane :D

      Delete
  8. Hi Shesha, first of all I don't like maths, I always had problem with maths and could never befriend this subject. I could relate to what you are saying..thank God its over and you can write a post about this:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yaa i should thank God that its over and I could finally write my 'x' post from it :D

      Delete
  9. hahaha class 12 maths still haunt you huh... It was physics for me... nightmares after nightmares :)

    A Whimsical Medley
    Twinkle Eyed Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I am glad I was a commerce student else there would be too many ghosts to haunt :D

      Delete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...