Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 25, 2016

Vitamin-Sufficiency! #Smoothies

Back at home my mother always used to grumble about us not eating fruits. She was anxious about how we will satisfy the need of vitamins in our body. “You will live on supplements and pills if you don’t get careful with what you eat!” She always reprimanded us. 
Post wedding, I realized there was no one here to discipline me and put that plate full of sliced fruits to eat in my hands. I was now my own nutrition-tracker as well as of GK’s. Being a health & weight conscious couple, we both have almost no tantrums when it comes to choice of food (provided it is vegetarian). We both prefer home cooked food. For two weeks I took good care of balanced diet full of protein and minerals, along with a glass of milk to ensure the intake of calcium. But soon I realized we were missing on fruits in our nutrition. We started eating them but soon got bored. So while my fruits were about to rot in boredom, I decided to churn them up into smoothies. 
I am sharing here fruit based drinks that have successfully satisfied our tongues. Try them and do share here how they tasted!

Mixed fruit Smoothie

Contains: yogurt, 1 kiwi, 1 frozen banana, 4 sliced strawberries, frozen blueberries, a little orange juice, mango pulp and a scoop of protein powder.

Triple berry smoothie
(contains yogurt, blueberry, kiwi, strawberry and a little orange juice, whey protein powder)
I read somewhere it helps in weight reduction too.

 Banana-strawberry smoothie
Contains frozen Banana, frozen Strawberry, yogurt, orange juice and whey protein powder
(Note: Freeze fruits one hour prior to churn them)

  Watermelon Drink
This one is GK's favorite. Churn seedless watermelon, black salt, mint leaves and squeeze lemon in it.


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tasty and healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I hope you make them at home and like them too!

      Delete
  2. Wow very informative they all look epic, looks like you were reserving these talents for your beloved for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha No i was trying them back at home too, but I found blueberries and seedlesswatermelon here so may be :D I could experiement more without mangoes in those smoothies :D

      Delete
  3. Those are some delish, healthy and nutritious smoothies. Feel like picking one off the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, awesome recipes....look absolutely mouth-watering. I'm sure you're relishing the top-quality fruits out there.

    Good job with the pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CRD, I think quality of fruits pretty decent back at home too. I am missing some really mouth watering vegetables and fruits here for example couldnt find Alphanso here

      Delete
  5. A cool concoct to make up for food skipping. Lovely post:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the watermelon drink, always enjoyed this drink in summer:) thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angela. I made it this year for the first time and enjoyed relishing on this fresh and lighte fruit drink :D

      Delete
  7. wow the smoothies look awesome... I love smoothies but don't like eating fruits. I somehow manage to coax myself to eat a banana with milk in the morning but that too becomes boring after some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...