Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 18, 2018

पिता

Dedicating this poem to my father. Wrote these lines some six years back, and hid them between the closed pages of my dairy. Now sitting afar from him, I miss him badly. While writing this post, many incidences from the memory of growing up are playing in front of my eyes. He has been my strength and I love him more than he knows. Here's to the father-daughter bond we share:

क्यों कमज़ोर होता है
तुम्हारा ह्रदय
तुम ही सबसे
सशक्त प्रबल
शिक्षक हो मेरे
तुम्हारा दो बाँहों का
झूला था
मेरे जीवन का

पहला उपहार
वो दो बाहें
फिर मेरी छत बनीं
उन्हीं ने
मेरी रक्षा करी
हर कष्ट, व्याकुलता में
फिर तुमने मुझे ह्रदय
से लगाया
हर बार
अपना आशीर्वाद
देने को
तुमने अपना हाथ उठाया
तुमने मुझे
चलना सिखलाया
स्वाभिमान के लिए
लड़ना सिखलाया
किस विचार से हो
तुम चिंतित
क्यों अब व्याकुल
होता है तुम्हारा ह्रदय
बेटी तुम्हारी
यहीं है
तुम्हारे पास
अब भी तुम्हें 
प्यार से
बचपन के उत्तम स्वर में
गाकर पापा बुलाती है
और आकर
यूँही सीने से
लग जाती है...
Happy father's day papa. :)

If you share the same bond with your father, I would be happy to know about it. A happy father's day to all the fathers in the world. 

Image: The picture is of me and my father some three decades before.
P.S. I am sorry to the non-Hindi readers of this blog for not being able to translate the poem in English. 

6 comments:

  1. Thankyou SG. Wish you the same. How was your father’s day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to your Dad...the beauty of holding those hands to teach you the meaning of life. Deep words, Shesha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Son and daughter flew to my city the day before and surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your expression in Hindi is simply wow! You must write more often, Shesha.
    That's a beautiful ode to you dad! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...