Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 18, 2009

Thats how i trapped myself :-|

I always try to get witty but sometimes due to my idle chats, i fall in trap.. First lemme say sorry to my younger sister for not being here with her on her b'day, as I was out of station busy in attening marriage of my father’s cousin aunt's son.. :P In short my cousin chacha's marriage in lucknow. Happy belated b’day O’chana. So in our community the relations are remembered as if there can be a surprise test any moment. Every single person has a family tree in his mind.. If not, you will be compelled to make one, if you are a part of this community..

Want to thank shatabdi, for keeping me busy in scoffing and snoozing during the journey despite of lack of sleep, I was able to stay active the whole day.. (an early morning train). As I am a Big Chatterbox, glad I had bua and papa who shared the ear-pain throughout the trip. :>) Being there for the first time or rather being an alien in the family, i was interrogating my father and one of my dear dear chacha about who is who, to get comfortable with the people around. Thanx to their patience. :P
Marriage went well, nice food which is the only attraction when u know only a handful of people. Later arrival of the known faces was a BIG rescue.. Thanks to my cousins who are living their.. :)
Next day something happened that made me realise i should start chirping less.. Early morning we went to meet papa's cousin nephew (who is elder to him). So after reaching there, i couldn’t recall the faces although somewhere it was a big relief to restore his wife's i.e. bhabhi's face in my memory. And we were nearly eight year oldies when they left Delhi for Lucknow. So here came her son, my nephew, but i had no choice other than to call him bhaiya (he must be elder to me by 5 years), who has recenlty got married.

Bhabhi (to his son)- "pehechana ise? Shesha!!"
"BUA" i added suddenly in the mid of conversation (out of habbit of teasing and jumping in between).
Everybody laughed. So my teaser was successful. i HAD NO IDEA there can be a twist in the tale. Things can turn back on me... i was sitting happily when his newly wed wife arrived, who must be of my age or elder to me. Can’t say.
Bhabhi started introducing everybody: ye tumhaare dadiyaa sasur(my father)
she bowed and touched his feet. :)
Ye tumhaari dadiyaa saas(my bua)
she bowed and touched her feet. :)
Ye tumhaari bua saas .. and i realised late, this was my introduction. for a sec i was shocked was it meee :O. So soooon.. GOOOOSH!!! It was really for me.. and she bowed to touch my feet, when i just a few seconds before jumped up from my seat saaying Nooooooo.. and everyone around were laughing BIG TIME :( So, i was being ragged.

And there came my Bhabhi's elder daughter who has 2 kids. She came in holding her younger daugher (must be of 5 months)
I smiled at her and said hie...
Bhabhi : "chaalo milo apni naaani se" (again that was me) Second round of applause at my cost.. So now in just 15 minutes i was a mother in law and a grandmother of two children. Wish i had kept my mouth shut. It was funny yet made me blush big time before everybody. Glad i met them and everybody after a looong time.. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Phewww! thats confusing.. Happened with me too. I have never been able to map that family tree though my mom patiently try to explain these relations to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep...when yu meet everyone.... ! been there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shine and hary- trust me here things are more tacky, but they are fun.. ;):P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahhaha...cant stop laughing !!!

    so u got nehle pe dehla nd an important lesson, dont mess with d biggies of d game ;)

    No if, no but..mouth shut :))

    d best part of d post, I cud connect to it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol..
    ya..u bet, never mess up with them..
    I was in deep trouble.. lol
    But it was total fun! :D ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...