Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Childhood- a random diary entry

Life for me has always been an exciting adventure. Like everyone's life I too have had my share of pains and joys. I am pretty sure there will be even more. During childhood I was quite a naughty child, always up to some or the other mischief. Ask my mother and she will not stop for hours  reminiscing my infancy (mostly about troubling her and my sister) . She will then continue her thoughts over the innocence and big heart of my sister and finally only one line for my brother, filled up with pride- "he never troubled me."  He was boring!! Though now he has developed the wits that can not be beaten.

As like any first child, jealousy molded in me when I saw my younger sister first time. Idea of sharing my portion of attention from my parents with her made me work for my own survival. One day I took her up and be seated her on a drainage pipe, hoping she'll melt down from there. It was a stupid but innocent attempt. Glad I had a bird's brain that time. Soon I realized that she can be my playmate and companion at home. After that ,nothing so dangerous and peculiar occurred to me. I used to invite her for breakfast, menu being  pancakes of soil from our backyard and things like that. I was born and brought up in a joint family in initial years of my age. Being eldest in my group of children, I was the Sardar or leader of the gang. The position served its purpose of being given a special respect and obeying all orders by younger lot. We had quite a big house. That gave us many opportunities to be adventurous discovering hidden corners and untouched places there. Playing with mud, collecting crap found in the process of discovery. Changing shoes and clothes to go to neighbor's house to scoff on cold drinks; pouring whole bottle of shampoo in chilling winters over my sister's head in order to make her more beautiful- I have done it all. 

While things at home were pleasant and fun, going to school was a pain. It was a place for me that used to throw me out of my comfort zone. It was a place full of strange teachers who used to make me do what they want to; without seeking for my approval. Understanding things that were not related to the life around me was killing. Still coming back to home, seeing my mother and father, meeting my little angels used to lighten up my ideas for new and different kind of adventure.

While things around me were always busy, still I managed to get some time by myself. I had a huge crush on myself. Mirror was my companion when no one else was around. (I do still have that habit sometimes- moment of truth). Making faces before it; talking to myself, taking my own interviews thinking of myself as some celebrity along with some attempts to make myself look more beautiful is what my mother fondly recalls. I used to run to my mother saying "mummy dekho, main gori ho gayi". After looking at me and smelling the powder I had put over my face- my mother used to shout at me. Once there was pesticide powder, and other time it was paint (I somehow managed to get it from neighborhood when labor was off for lunch.  I used to put beads and flowers inside my nose and ears, thinking that they'll act as nose-pins and earrings. My mother used to get so tired with these daily doses!!

Photographs from heydays and such stories from my mother are quite an evidence of the fact that I had a rocking and animated childhood. I was lost from home many times, sometimes was found with my cousin in our neighbor's place, or in the nearby temple (to get prasad), or I was found in a shop talking to the shopkeeper gulping toffees and chocolates from his shop and sometimes hidden at the back of sofa, conspiring with my cousins about the next move. 


I was a creative soul too. I used to make mud arts (that my younger siblings, used to eat, thinking them to be mud "cakes"), paintings, models, wall hangings. My parents always supported my artwork. They used to display them in our drawing room, leaving me with a feeling that my art is worth a millions. There are so many stories about my life that I can cover all many gigabites on internet. I wish every child gets that kind of space. There must be more to life besides idiot box, computer, and usual studies- to retain that innocence in a child. :)

1 comment:

  1. baby shesha is still a baby...... I love u baby.... Keep enjoying life.... we rock... :)... Hum jaisa milna mushkil nahi namumkin hai... love you loads... Saumya

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...