Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Do Ghosts Really Exist?

Image: www.clipartlord.com
They flow in air, with either inverted feet or no-feet at all like a genie. They have supernatural powers and can do anything they want to from making you fly to entering in your body. When you feel a cold air passing through your body in warm summers, it is a soul/ghost as they are the cold things on earth. You can not see them because humans and ghosts have different vibration patterns. The ones who see them almost vibrate at the the speed of Ghosts. We all have heard of people who claim that they call the ghosts of the dead and talk to them. Have you heard/read all this and more?
The idea or stories of ghosts are quite intriguing. I heard the word Ghost for the first time when I was in 5th standard. Before that I was oblivious of what a Ghost really means! Being a tough kid with no fixed habits my parents used to scare me off with idea of a “Watchman”. Outside our home on a road a watchman used to stroll during fixed hours. But in his absence whenever I showed a reluctance to sleep, my father used to wear a shawl, take a stick and used to move outside the room of our bungalow with that “thak-thak” of hitting of wooden stick on the floor. My mom used to ask me to hide and sleep else the watchman outside will take me with him. That used to frighten me a lot to sleep on time, letting my parents get enough sleep before going to work next morning. It was almost a ritual, till I developed a normal sleep cycle. During that time a watchman was 'the Ghost' for me. 
Photo:www.osmeb.com
After listening to ghost stories(people claiming them to be real) I once asked my mother about what exactly a Ghost is! To which she calmly replied, “It is a matter of your faith. If you will have faith in God, you will see God. If you have faith in Ghosts, you will see Ghosts.” I never questioned her again. I developed strong faith in God (and that doesn’t mean I don’t believe in the theory of evolution).
The idea of Ghosts terrified me after seeing some of the Ghosts movies during childhood, and famous serial 'Aahat' later on. But I told myself what my mother told me years back and I didn’t believe in Ghosts  again.
Two years back during one of the philosophical and spiritual dialogues with a friend, Saumya, the topic of Ghost came in a full swing. We were very casual about the discussion when clock striked 1 O’clock at night. She said,” you know I have read ghosts are active from midnight till 4 am.” Listening that for the first time a chill ran through me. I told her that it did scare me this time. She continued, “ You know when you feel scared, there is an actual ghost around you.” I bid farewell to her for the night and waited for my fear to go away before using the restroom. Later I told myself once again, I trust my God more and if ever I will have an encounter with a ghost, it will be on a pleasant note. I don’t believe in interfering till then.
P.S. Once in the state of insomnia I thought of checking if we can see a ghost in a dark room. When I thought about ‘what if a ghost actually comes before me’, I quickly took a blanket on my face and slept. I was petrified. Was there a ghost?
P.P.S. I don’t discard the experiences that people share and I respect them of what they saw and I didn’t. Somewhere I am glad I didn’t.
HaPpY Halloween!!!Image:halloweenwallpapers.blogspot.com
Do you have a ghost story? Have you ever experienced a ghost in your life?
I am glad my mother didn’t scare me that time when I was young, which made me stronger. What would you tell your child, if s/he asks the same?

10 comments:

  1. hahah! I loveeee Aahat, it is too gud! I believe firmly in spirits and ghosts, they do exist. Nice post and happy halloween !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find ghost stories spooky and scary! I think they do exist.My husband loves watching Haunted teleseries. I prefer to do a vanishing act when he does that! :D Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Had I been in ur place Shilpa I would have done the same thing, what fun in scaring ourselves. Though I dont get terrorised by ghost mentions easily and love to scare others with made up stories :-D
      Happy Halloween to you too

      Delete
  3. Loove this one. I am thrilled at Ghosts stories and once with a friend, we spent the night in our Mumbai hostel where he narrated ghost stories. I believe, it exist, though:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Vishal. I can totally relate to the thrill during all night ghost-story narrations. I get goosebumps when I am listening to and not narrating such stories with my friends or cousins! :)

      Delete
  4. It was the movie the Ring that scared me to bits. Visited restroom after watching a ghost movie is the toughest job in the world. I libbed what your Mom said. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I remember one such hindi movie of Ghosts that I saw with my cousins and later on we all had hardest time of our lives to go use restroom after the movie!!! :) Thankyou Raj!

      Delete
  5. I am probably the weird one , I actually like horror movies .. and see a lot of them :)

    again I will say I am weird because i beleive in ghosts 50 - 50 :) .. yeah somedays things happen that you feel they exist, the feeling that you are being watched or someone is following , you turn around nothing there ..

    I do beleive there is something out there that in unexplainable.

    Happy halloween although a few days late, so did you go out Trick or Treating .. I got a whole lot of sweets from a couple of friends who came to visit me ..

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I am in India and you know we don't celebrate Halloween here. Though ghost topic occured to me on the same day and I thought of publishing it and celebrating it here ;)
      I can totally relate to what you have said above. I guess we sail in the same boat!!! :) Thanks Bikram!

      Delete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...